Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mug Shots...


I had hoped to start this blog with a baby picture. But, being the youngest of four, there just aren't any. Maybe some day I'll get over it...


The first two pictures were taken about a year before the MMA as part of getting fitted for a MAD (mandibular advancement device). I'm 5'9" and weigh 165. For the week prior to the surgery, I ate and ate and ate, bringing my weight up to 172. After a week, my weight dropped to 160, where it has stabilized.


ICU, just a few hours post-op (May 6, 2009)



Day 1 - I figured out how to apply ice and listen to music.


Day 2 - At Home



Day 3



Day 7 - May 13, 2009


The infamous "arch bars" and rubber bands.



And today, May 20, 2009 - Two Weeks Post Op




Due to the arch bars and wax (to protect my gums from the arch bars), my lips are still a bit "pushed" out. This seems more apparent on the "front" mug shots. It will be interesting to see how everything changes in two weeks when the bars get removed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's the wax and arch bars. I thought you were going for that full lip look and that's what all the "surgery" was for!
    You are doing great Neil, keep it up. And thanks for keeping us infomred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot to go through to take time off to learn to relax.
    Hope you are on the mend and will soon be back to 12 hour days at work.

    Henry

    ReplyDelete