As for the rest of the healing process, here's where things stand today:
- Chin, lower lip, upper gums, and palette still numb, and improving
- Occasional jaw popping when yawning
- Eating many more foods, but nothing that requires serious chewing. Bread crusts still require a fair amount of effort, and usually are too hard form me.
- Sensation returning to the teeth, but they still have that wooden feeling
- Speech has pretty much returned to normal.
- Jaw mobility pretty good laterally and about 30 mm vertically (I didn't measure what it was pre-MMA)
- Strength - Slowly returning. I'm riding 2-4 times a week, and it's getting a bit easier. Prior to the surgery, I could do 7 pull-ups. Now, I'm down to 3. I'll need to start weight training.