Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Don't You Have A Better 'Before' Picture?"

That was one of the questions asked by certain family members when I showed them the side by side comparisons. What could that mean????
Ultimately, the family generally agreed that after is better. It's not like the MMA can be undone...
Me - as I am now four and a half weeks post MMA. Still have swelling on left side.



Before - After



Before - After


The chin pain is about the same as yesterday, and I'm optimistic it will continue to improve.

Perhaps not medically proven, I'm convinced that my metabolism has dropped from being so idle for the past month. To pick up my metabolism, I'm trying to eat more and exercise.

I went for my second bike ride today and it felt good. My aerobic fitness has dropped significantly (my heart rate hit 178 on the hardest part of the ride) and my power seems reduced. The best way to increase metabolism, recover aerobic condition and increase power is to spend more time on the bike. I used to ride at 5:15 a.m. because I was awake. I plan to hold off on the morning rides until my sleeping patterns get established.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Petals:

    Thanks a million for the blob etc.

    You look real good.

    Please let me know how far were you jaws moved in millermeters....

    1) the lower jaw

    2) the upper jaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upper Jaw 7 mm.

    Lower Jaw 10 mm w/some rotation.

    As of today, alignment is the same as it was before.

    ReplyDelete