Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Post MMA Sleep Study

After almost 4 years, I had my post MMA sleep study performed at Stanford.   The numbers are similar to before the sleep study.   AHI 8.6, snoring, mouth breathing, all hypopneas, and 50% of my breathing had "flow limitations".  Over the course of the 7 hour sleep study (sleep latency less than 1 minute and I don't recall waking up during the night) I spent less than a minute in Stage N3 sleep.    

 I definitely feel better than before the MMA and can't help but wonder how I would feel if I could get rid of the flow limitations.    

Dare to dream....(19% of the night spent in REM  :-) )


5 comments:

  1. I know that Goerge St Pierre is training gymnastics for his upcoming bout with Nick Diaz at UFC 158 in Montreal, Canada. Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre wants to be at his athletic peak when he attempts to defend his title against nemesis Nick Diaz in the main event of UFC 158 this March. UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this information - my Dad also has sleep apnea and has to sleep with a CPAP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fat Fighters Could Dominate MMA.

    The is no defense for fat. If Roy Nelson was 6'10" and the same BMI as he is now he would crush anyone and any style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    It would be great to know how you are feeling today. What is the current status of your sleep and if your physically recovery made any further improvements.
    I have had this surgery about 3 weeks ago so I'm really curious.
    I hope you'll see this comment and take few seconds to reply.

    Thanks in advance,
    Francesco

    ReplyDelete