Friday, May 15, 2009

More on the numbers

Yesterday I was able to achieve the eating goals that I set. I consumed 2200 calories and 3 liters of fluids. It was exhausting to keep up on the food all day long. Between 6 a.m. and 7:30 p.m., I consumed 13 beverages, including 6 ensures, apple juice, orange juice, fruit replacement supplement, and lemonade. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal to drink 3 liters of fluid - I regularly consume 4-5 liters a day. The challenge in drinking so much now is that I need to sip each drink with a straw. Since my lower lip is still completely numb and my teeth are still immobilized in the "closed" position so it's too hard to use a glass and drink quickly. I would not fare well in a beer chugging contest today. Perhaps with the larger airway, I may be able to pick up a new sport...

I'm hoping to vary my diet today and introduce some soup. Any good tasting soups that fit through a strainer will make a great meal.

Today - another 2000 calories and 3 liters.


No comments:

Post a Comment