Tuesday, June 23, 2009

On The Road

I've been on the road for work this week. Prior to leaving, I expected eating to be quite a challenge since I would be away from the Magic Bullet for the first time, and I would be eating with my colleagues from work. Both finding food to eat and eating with others turned out just fine. I've managed to find oatmeal, fish, and mashed potatoes and won't come home malnourished. In fact, I've even had ice cream with several meals to provide that extra comfort.

Eating continues to exhaust me. Taking small "bites" seems to take forever...

The recovery continues to progress. After seeing the surgeon this week, I won't need to return for another 3 weeks since the chin pain seems more manageable. The chin pain is not gone, but I'm much more comfortable. Jaw mobility is also improving as well. I can open my mouth much more than before. The numbness improvement is harder to measure. It feels like the roof of my mouth is improving, but there has been no change in the numbness on the gums or chin.


I took this picture at the airport. It's food I won't be eating for a long, long time...



(Since I didn't eat nuts before the MMA, I'm in no rush to start now)

No comments:

Post a Comment