Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Eating & Popping

As my jaw recovers, I've shifted to a soft food diet. At first things seemed to be going pretty well. Now, however, I've developed a "popping" discomfort where my upper and lower jaws meet.

At this point, I've stopped taking all sleep and surgery related medications. As my body adjusts and tries to establish its natural sleep patterns, my sleep has been fragmented and interrupted. Within the next couple of weeks, I expect a normal sleep pattern to emerge and experience the benefits of a good night of sleep.

As far as the surgery healing goes, things continue to improve. My chin is still quite numb with the expected "tingles" indicating the nerves are regenerating. The chin pain is gone, but when I eat or drink anything that's not ambient temperature, my chin feels like there's some food or liquid dribbling (which turns out not to be the case). My teeth are a little sore and I have an unusual sensation where the upper brackets remain. My upper front teeth and the forward part of the roof of my mouth are still completely numb.

My speech has improved dramatically, but by the end of the day, it's quite hard to enunciate words properly. Perhaps the jaw mobility exercises will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment