Friday, July 31, 2009

Not Getting Enough...

...sleep.

Each sleep attempt is a new adventure. While I have yet to post the "Rested" experience, I can post "Worse" and "Same." It seems like the biggest challenge is simply staying asleep long enough. When my head hits the pillow, I'm out for four to five hours, waking between 3:30 and 4:00 a.m. Rarely, I'm able to fall back asleep. When I do fall back asleep, it's very fragmented, with many awakenings. Prior to the MMA, I had the same sleep patterns. The problem still seems to be in my head. I've spent the past few weeks trying to go to bed relaxed, leaving my daily stress away from the bedroom.


Here's the latest recovery update:

1) Chin - significant numbness reduction. Lots of electrical sensations when touched
2) Teeth - more sensation on bottoms, but many teeth still lack any sensation other than pressure
3) Jaw popping - not as much. I've suspended the stretching exercises, and am trying to chew evenly on both sides
4) Gums - still pretty numb
5) Wake up with a "clenched" jaw - this one is quite strange

No comments:

Post a Comment